Monday, June 6, 2016

Landscape Art

This is my landscape art.  It was actually easier than I thought.   In our first session we had to practice drawing the vanishing point in our books.  The vanishing point is, for example, when you draw a river or path heading away from the start of the paper, it gets thinner and thinner until it disappears.  That is the vanishing point.  After that Mrs Morris said that we could either do a real landscape or fictional landscape.  I chose fictional.  Mrs Hill showed us her example and then we had to draw a practice in our books.  Next time, we started our art by drawing the road, the house, the hills, the ocean and the sky with a pencil.  After that we started to use the oil pastels.  We had to use 3 shades of one colour.  For my road I used yellow, gold and orange.  The other colours I used were blue, pink, and green.  My sky was light blue and yellow smudged in with a white pastel.  It was really fun though and I am proud of how my art turned out.






2 comments:

  1. out standing lachlan looks like it is real

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post lachlan it looks so real keep up the blog post

    ReplyDelete