Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Camp

Camp was very fun.  Even though it rained most of the first two days, it was still epic.

Ngahere playing the guitar.  

Beau speeding along the mud.
Mrs Ramsay playing Twister.
Ryan, Aspen and Keisha playing elastics.
See the hair and top of goggles on the bottom left of the screen? It's me.

"Bello!"

What is Max doing? You'll never know (Unless you ask him).
KAPOW!
Do you see black goggles?

Look closely at Max. You can tell he is freaked out because his eyes are fragile. 

Was the water slide fun? Yes it was!




Getting sprayed with water


One of my biggest achievements at Camp was when we when we were doing activities at the domain.  My team was playing dodge ball.  I was the only one left.  It was me vs 5 of the other team.  I managed to survive and my team won the game.

What I found challenging was getting sleep.  When I was at Omatua the first night, the boys in my room were chatting and chatting and chatting and ... Well you get the idea.  Plus next door was LOUD.   On the second night at Weka, the cabin next to us was having a party.  They were talking about oranges and grapes (No joking).  It was hilarious.  My cabin cracked up.

One of my favourite activities was doing the fear factor.  I had to drink pig urine (Lemonade),  Insects with no legs and rubbery skin (an olive) and dried animal tongue (a lolly).  It was rib-tickling watching people spit out things they didn't like.  Max even spewed eating a jalapeno.


One of my biggest challenges was walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night at Weka.  It was scary.  No, not because of the dark.  Because there was cow-pat and prickles everywhere.  Daniel stepped in some poo and screamed like a girl.  Shontae stepped in a prickle.

I enjoyed playing soccer.  What I liked about it was playing in the rain.  The ground was slippery and it was Boys vs Girls.  The final score was 1-1.  The boys would have won if the grown ups weren't on the girls team.  After the game, my shoes were absolutely soaking (so were my socks).


Out of the two camps, Weka was my favourite.  It felt like a survival game because we had no toaster, no showers and we had to cook our food on the fire.  We also were allowed to stay up till 10.  I woke up at 5:53 in the morning.  We talked for a bit (Only one of us had a watch and he was asleep) until Miss Hill came in and told us to be quiet.  For breakfast I had some cooked luncheon (it tasted like bacon), a bowl of spaghetti and two bowls of rice bubbles with canned peaches and milk.


We left Weka at about 11:30.  We arrived back at Omatua at 11:35.  After we got packed up and all that yadda-yadda we left for Onekawa Pools.  After about 105 minutes of swimming and watersliding, we drove back to school.  Once we unpacked the bags, we drove back home.     



1 comment:

  1. camp looked really fun lachlan I like the water slide

    ReplyDelete