Friday, June 5, 2015

Earthquakes- Week 7

I am Blogging this because is about Earthquakes, one of the most known Natural disasters in the world. We were learning about earthquakes and liquefaction.

Earthquakes

Earthquake










By Lynn Davis

Your task is to choose one connection you found within the story (text to self, text to text or text to world) and write a paragraph about it. Explain why you made the connection, adding lots of detail for the reader.

Success Criteria
  • I have chosen one connection to write about
  • I have fully explained the connection I made
  • I have given the reader enough information to understand my paragraph


For example: (I chose a text to text connection)
When I was reading Earthquake, it reminded me of a book I used to read when I was little. It was called Slinky Malinki. The reason Earthquake reminded me of this was because the family had a cat Billy who ran away after the earthquake. Slinky Malinki runs away too, except she goes out at night to steal things from neighbours houses. These two stories both end with the cats safe and sound in their own home.


Start your writing here...Text to self, once when I woke up I felt an earthquake, Text to world In 2011 I heard about the Christchurch earthquake, Text to Text, In Five go to smuggler's top, a tree fell on kirrin cottage and it looked like an earthquake had appeared.




One City - Two Earthquakes
By Jenna Tinkle

Watch these videos about liquefaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uwxr42JqYQ

Why do you think liquefaction is so damaging during an earthquake?
Because it makes quicksand which you sink in.  And anything goes in quicksand is stuck FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment